2011 New York Carnegie Debut Recital Audition
No Age Limit
Pianist of any nationality
December 1, 2010
(Late application deadline: January 1, 2011)
- The winner will be offered a fully subsidized Carnegie Weill Recital debut in New York City in the season 2011-2012 presented by New York Concert Artists & Associates
- Publicity services provided by New York Concert Artists & Associates
- New York Concert Review
Auditions are in two forms. You can choose to have either DVD audition or LIVE audition.
Live Audition Dates:
Paris: February 23, 24, 2011
Seoul: February 9, 10, 2011
New York City: February 15, 16, 2011
Announcement of Winner: March 1, 2011
REPERTOIRE AND APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
A free 60-minute recital program.
Works submitted should be published
Application shall contain the following documents:
a. Application form in block letters
b. A professional photo in an electronic form: in CD or by an email
c. A resume including the information of previous concert experiences, education, prizes and awards.
d. A non-refundable application fee $100 (Late application: $150) by check or money order or PAY online
e. Audition program (work title, opus number, composer, dates)
f. Repertoire list
g. If chose DVD auditions, two identical DVDs (See DVD guideline)
h. A copy of birth certificate or passport
i. A letter of recommendation from a renown musician
Application has to be in its completion. Incomplete application will not be considered.
Documents sent will not be returned.
Send your application, a $100 check and all other materials to the following address:
New York Concert Artists & Associates
(Attn: Carnegie Recital Debut Audition)
365 West End Avenue, Suite 4G
New York, NY 10024
Those who would like to have live audition may choose one of the following venues:
YAMAHA ARTISTS SERVICES EUROPE
5, Rue Scribe, 75009 Paris, France
YAMAHA ARTISTS SERVICES SEOUL
Coex Exhibition Hall 1F. 159 Samsung-dong, Kangnamgu, Seoul
NEW YORK CITY, USA
YAMAHA ARTISTS SERVICES NEW YORK
689 Fifth Avenue (Entrance on the 54th street), 3rd Floor.
New York NY 10022
- DVDs should show one-hour of your solo performance
- Please send two copies of identical DVDs
- DVDs have to be high-quality. We recommend using external microphones for audio
- DVDs have to be recorded within past two years
- DVDs cannot be edited
- DVDs shall present the performance of the pianist’s hands, his/her whole silhouette and right profile
- DVDs need to be signed either by the video engineer or by the applicant’s teacher or other known musician
Seoul, February 9: Young Ho Kim, Martin Labazevitch, Hae Jeon Lee, Klara Min
New York, February 15, 16: Jeffrey Swann, Klara Min
Paris: Klara Min, TBA
*Live auditions will be video recorded as well.
New York Concert Artists & Associates has unrestricted rights to broadcast, record, televise, publish any part of the applicant’s participation in the audition and the winner’s concert, including, but not limited to, rehearsals and performances.