Ioana Cristina Goicea
2019 NYCA Worldwide Debut Audition
[Guidelines for Violin]
Age limit: 35
Violinist of any nationality
December 31, 2018
January 14, 2019 - Late Deadline
Berlin Philharmonie Hall Debut Recital or Carnegie Weill Recital Hall Debut Recital (The choice can be made by the winner)
Performance at 2020 Classical Bridge International Summer Festival in NYC
AUDITION ROUNDS AND DATES
There are two rounds in total
There is no live preliminary round this year.
by submitted video links ONLY
March 1, 2019
Will take place as a part of 2019 Classical Bridge International Summer Music Festival in New York
Open to Public and Live Streamed
Preliminary Round (Video Links ONLY):
A free 50-60 min program consisting of two or three major works
A free 45 minute recital program
Repertoire performed in the Preliminary Round can be played again at the final.
Kyung Sun Lee
1. Works submitted should be published
2. A Winner will be announced on the website the following day after the final concert and also at the end of the Final Concert.
3. All required materials must be submitted and uploaded to the online application form.
4. Application shall contain the following documents:
A high-resolution professional photo in an electronic form: upload your high resolution photo directly to the online application form
A biographical sketch and a CV including the information of previous concert experiences, education, prizes and awards
A non-refundable application fee $175 (late application fee: $225)
Audition program (Please include all details: title, opus number, movements, composer, dates)
- 50-60 min program consisting of two or three major works
- 45 min uninterrupted recital program for final
Repertoire list - works you have studied in the past two years: solo and concerti
A copy of applicant’s birth certificate, passport or any other official document establishing the age of the applicant.
Two suggested programs for your Carnegie or Berlin Philharmonie Debut Recitals if chosen
A short essay: describe how your musical journey has been so far, and what is the most important thing for you being a musician.
5. Application has to be in its completion. Incomplete application will not be considered. Documents sent will not be returned.
6. Repertoire change of submitted programs for final round is allowed no later than March 15, 2019.
7. For finalists traveling outside the United States, NYCA will provide a partial financial support or host family on request.
New York Concert Artists & Associates has unrestricted rights to broadcast, record, televise, publish any part of the applicant’s participation in the audition and the winner’s concert, including, but not limited to, rehearsals and performances.